1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

non-teaching spouse in china

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by happyoverseas, Sep 13, 2011.

  1. Hi,
    Was just wondering if anyone had any advice or thoughts that could help me (have searched the search engine without much joy!)
    My boyfriend is teaching in Beijing at the moment, and I am over here on a tourist visa for a couple of months. We were hoping I would be able to get some temporary work either at his school or elsewhere as i'm a primary teacher, but being 4 months pregnant has kind of put a spanner in the works as no-one will give me a work visa without a contract and i can't get a contract because i'm pregnant! Does anyone know of any way around this?! or have any contacts over here that I could speak to!! I'm trying everything!! I am going stir crazy not working, and being on my own all day long!!
    Or does anyone have any bright ideas of what I could do with all this spare time?! if I can't get a work visa, than i can only stay another 6 weeks, and would love something to do!!
    thanks in advance :)
  2. Only suggestion I can think of is to get married. While this won't help you will getting work while you are pregnant at least you'll be able to get a spouse visa. That way you can stay together rather than having to leave in 6weeks.

Share This Page