1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Non GCSE course for year 9??

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by bonjovifan35, Feb 21, 2017.

1. bonjovifan35

bonjovifan35 New commenter

Hi

I've just been informed that I will need to offer a one year course in a Business related subject to year 9 as from September. It should be a taster for GCSE but doesn't need to cover GCSE content. I'd prefer to offer something that will lead to a qualification. Any suggestions??

TIA

2. sak121

sak121 New commenter

maybe some Enterprise linked programme. OCR do L1/2 enterprise which if i'm right consists of 3 units and all about working in teams

3. dstokem

dstokem New commenter

I'm half way through the first year of the a Year 9 course and I have sort of concentrated on 3 strands. Firstly, they completed a marketing unit. At present the students are finishing a finance unit which has included an element of personal finance, such as pay, tax etc and also break even, CFF, P & L etc. This is with the aim of them planning and running a mini enterprise in the summer.

4. bonjovifan35

bonjovifan35 New commenter

Could you possibly send me a SoL? I've decided to go for a mixture of personal finance, ethical issues and some inyro to business. Turns out I will only have each group for 12 weeks at most

5. Matt_phillips8

Matt_phillips8 New commenter