1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Non-core medium term planning advice.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lcouch12, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I am currently doing my PGCE and as part of my assignment i have to produce a medium term plan over 3 weeks. i have chosen to concentrate on the Romans and have to choose 6 non-core subjects and show progression on each of these subjects over the 3 weeks. the subjects i have chosen are history, geography, R.E, Art, Design Technology and PE.
    some of the ideas i have had:
    Key Question and Learning Objective
    Lesson One
    Geography Where is Rome?
    What was ancient Rome like?
    To learn where Rome is and to distinguish between modern and ancient Rome.

Lesson Two
    History Who were the Romans?
    To understand who the Romans were and to begin to learn about how they lived.

Lesson Three

Religious Studies What Gods did the Romans believe in?
    To develop an understanding of how the Romans viewed religion and begin to remember some of the Gods.

Lesson Four
    Art What were the roles and purposes of Roman pottery?
    To develop an understanding of the different types of pottery and to explore the materials used to produce these pots.

Lesson Five
    Design and Technology What were the Romans sandals like and what were they made from?
    To investigate the differences in modern and ancient sandal designs and explore and discuss the materials used.

Lesson Six

Physical Education How did the gladiators train at the campus?
    To understand the physical activities the gladiators did whilst training.
    Anyone who could give me some examples of progression on the Romans in any of these subjects would be greatly appreciated. also comment starting points above?
    Lucy

2. Hi,
    I am currently doing my PGCE and as part of my assignment i have to produce a medium term plan over 3 weeks. i have chosen to concentrate on the Romans and have to choose 6 non-core subjects and show progression on each of these subjects over the 3 weeks. the subjects i have chosen are history, geography, R.E, Art, Design Technology and PE.
    some of the ideas i have had:
    Key Question and Learning Objective
    Lesson One
    Geography Where is Rome?
    What was ancient Rome like?
    To learn where Rome is and to distinguish between modern and ancient Rome.

Lesson Two
    History Who were the Romans?
    To understand who the Romans were and to begin to learn about how they lived.

Lesson Three

Religious Studies What Gods did the Romans believe in?
    To develop an understanding of how the Romans viewed religion and begin to remember some of the Gods.

Lesson Four
    Art What were the roles and purposes of Roman pottery?
    To develop an understanding of the different types of pottery and to explore the materials used to produce these pots.

Lesson Five
    Design and Technology What were the Romans sandals like and what were they made from?
    To investigate the differences in modern and ancient sandal designs and explore and discuss the materials used.

Lesson Six

Physical Education How did the gladiators train at the campus?
    To understand the physical activities the gladiators did whilst training.
    Anyone who could give me some examples of progression on the Romans in any of these subjects would be greatly appreciated. also comment starting points above?
    Lucy