1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Non-contact time to carry out TLR responsibility

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Cuzza2006, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Cuzza2006

Cuzza2006 New commenter

Hi all
    Just got my timetable and find that no time has been allocated to me to carry out my TLR resposibilities. Managements response is to say that I can book cover for some lessons each term to get the work done. To me this is adding to my workload and not supporting those students. What is reasonable to expect? I have to manage a small curriculum area and have whole school resonsibility for the VLE and Show My Homework which we have just launched.

Thanks

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

Although you'll have to provide cover work for those lessons, it might give you rather more flexibility to ask for time when it's most useful: a whole morning to work on something might be more useful than three separate hours, and you can probably work things so that you do this on a day when the cover work can be fairly straightforward.

3. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

If they don't specify how many lessons, you could book the same lesson each week.....