1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Non-chronological report revision for year 6...interesting ideas.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by blackpurse, Mar 9, 2011.

1. As part of our revision, this week we are looking at non-chronological reports. We have read reports now it's time to write our own. The first one is going to be based on the 2010 SATs (write a guide for looking after a miptor). I would like the children to do something similar for homework. I want to stay away from writing a report about an animal or object that already exsists, as all they will do is copy and paste information off internet.
    Can you help?

2. dobby

dobby New commenter

There's a writing task about a Tongo Lizard which is similar too. Not sure which year it is though.
    M
    Xx

3. Oh yes, thank you for reminding me.

4. You could get them to write a non chronological report about a mythical creature.
    We are using The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe to do our English revision and I got mine to write a non chronological report on one of the creatures (satyrs, centaurs, etc). It was a good task as it mixed the non fiction features but allowed them to use some imagination too.