1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Noisy out of control kids everywhere you look...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by SIRFRANK, Apr 26, 2011.

1. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

You're absolutely right, AE. The most sensible post so far!

2. Oddly, I had the opposite experience. My teenage children & friends were immaculately behaved, but the evening was spoilt by the group of twentysomething males who were apparently unable to construct a sentence without using some variation of the f-word.

3. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

Same here, gothmother.

4. I noticed one of these parents in the queue for immigration at Manchester Airport yesterday... quiet, to the point, let the child know what she'd done wrong and what her sanction would be. Child questioned it twice, received the same answer and reason both times and left it at that.
    Contrast that with the toddler who ran everywhere at Zurich airport, spent the entire flight screaming because she couldn't cope with the idea of sitting still for an hour and a half and then ran everywhere again at Manchester.
    Or the 3 children at Tescos this morning (what they were doing there I don't know; local schools went back yesterday - although they could have been private school kids) who ran around like crazy, shouting at the top of their voices and with 2 of them trying to stamp on each other. Mum's response? "Move please you two" when they were doing it where she wanted to stand... never mind that they went on to block the aisle for everybody else.

5. http://timthethief.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/funny-pictures-warning-children-left-unattended-will-be-sold-tol-the-circus.png

6. What happened there? Tried to post a picture. Can anyone help me on how to do it?

7. impis

impis New commenter

[​IMG]

8. impis

impis New commenter

I went to Egypt over Easter - on a Nile Cruise where children under 12 are not allowed.
    It was a bit like joining a 'club 50-80' holiday, if i'm honest, but I really enjoyed it and alot of the reason why was because there were no children around.

9. Thanks Impis.

10. My friend is totally blunt and tells the parents in no uncertain terms, he has just turned round to idiot parents on trains and planes and just said 'you have no control at all do you?'

I should not be paying for these wretched things through my taxes at all.

11. Some of the parents on trains are just as annoying when they spend the time trying to educate their little darlings by pointing out places of interest en route and providing history and geography and nature and general knowledge lessons...............
    All done in a braying voice.
    Loudly.

12. Braying 'is' loud.

[​IMG]