1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nocturnal Animals SATS

Discussion in 'Primary' started by vicnqt, Apr 13, 2012.

1. vicnqt

vicnqt New commenter

Hi
    I've read all the threads on here but not got the guidance with me to read at the moment so I'm getting very confused.
    At my school we are going to research nocturnal animals, write a descriptive piece about one, write a riddle and a poster then in ICT make a powerpoint about a nocturnal animal. I'm not sure which of these we are actually allowed to do. We will be teaching this 4 weeks before sats and will not be focussing on sub-headings etc... but just wanted to make sure they children have enough information to use in their sat. Could anyone let me know what, if any of this we would be allowed to do?
    Thanks

2. I'm guessing you're doing the nocturnal animal paper and not the story and riddle paper. You're allowed to teach the actual type of writing up to a week before, so non- chronological reports. As far as I know you're fine teaching them about animals in the week before as long as it's not as reports.Have a read through this guidance from Devon http://www.ldp.babcock-education.co.uk//do_download.asp?did=8249 and it'll be in the teacher handbook as well.

3. Grolta

Grolta New commenter