1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No traffic...poor sales

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by mrajlong, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Easter was right at the beginning of April last year so the Easter hols would have straddled March and April.

2. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Thanks @Krazikas I will keep plodding on, no doubt! :rolleyes:

Krazikas likes this.
  3. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

I agree with the reviewing feeling false @thinky, but like you say I can see why other authors do.

CurriculumForAutism and thinky like this.
  4. mrajlong

Great..another technical outage. The last couple of days have been awful for this!

5. mrajlong

And again...this is not helping

6. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

Is it just me or things have slowed down again before the Bank Holiday?

7. mrajlong

April has not been a total washout, but still very slow compared to Nov, Jan, Feb and March. Looking forward to May! Easter Hols to blame? New financial year to blame? Brexit (LOL)?

CurriculumForAutism likes this.
  8. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

I generally find sales do slow down on a Thursday and Friday before being boosted again on Saturday and particularly Sunday. Wondering if the bank holiday weekend will shift this to Sunday and Monday or if people will work their normal working weekend and take Monday as a freebie day off.

mrajlong and hoppytimes like this.
  9. mrajlong

Had a crazy Thursday last week for sales. One of those strange blip days where you sell loads. Wish it was every day! Wonder about this weekend myself...hopefully it will be quite steady sales! Need a good May to boost my motivation to create resources (which to be fair is borderline obsessive!) Friday is often c rap for sales - today is no exception :p

krisgreg30 likes this.
  10. goldtopfox

goldtopfox New commenter

Hi. First comment here for me after a while nervously lurking in the forum shadows! Thursdays and Fridays are usually my annoyingly slow days too, but last couple of weeks have been all over the place really. Keeps things interesting, I guess!

pigeonlearning likes this.
  11. teachercellar

teachercellar Occasional commenter

very quiet today hopefully will improve over the weekend

12. maryb777

maryb777 New commenter

Thanks Teachercellar. For some reason I am not getting the same page as the TES team and so am waiting for a reply after bank holiday Monday.

13. marcusisherwood

marcusisherwood New commenter

End of the financial year will contribute to more sales in March....plus staff starting to panic about the upcoming exams!!

14. teachercellar

teachercellar Occasional commenter

I have had 6 sales today so things are looking up, 2 to HongKong 1 to Florida and 3 uk my best month was also March 2017.

Krazikas likes this.
  15. mrajlong

Bank Holiday weekend wasn't bad. Things looked like they were on the up! Not so sure about the last few days though...

cate_h likes this.
  16. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Saturday, Sunday poor - Monday and Tuesday good, Wednesday not so good.

mrajlong likes this.
  17. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

Bank holiday weekend - quiet. Beginning of the week - even quieter.
    Thursday - lots of sales. Go figure!

mrajlong and Krazikas like this.
  18. mrajlong

My sales have not been showing up on dashboard for most of the day...anyone else? Balance gone up, but not Net Earnings + no sales data! This has been happening quite a bit lately - very annoying :mad:

19. classroomowlresources

classroomowlresources New commenter

I'm a relative newbie to TES and have just started to upload more resources. Looking at some of the sales and traffic above, it's pretty amazing, even if it has fluctuated between months. How long did it take most people to build up their traffic and sales? Thanks...

20. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

I saw an upward trend until November. December predictably quiet. Jan, Feb upwards again.

Then for me everything stopped in March and hasn't picked up again.

In contrast on *** I've seen a very slow but gradual progression and that is now resulting in regular multiple sales.

mrajlong and Krazikas like this.