1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No time to be self employed

Discussion in 'Part-time and job share' started by Exit3, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Exit3

Exit3 New commenter

Hi
    I only work 2 days a week but it is a two hour round trip. I am a lone parent to very young children. I had hoped part time would mean time to be with children and time to start up new business idea I have. However, I find I am having to work everyday I have off. Am thinking of Supply as only need two or three days a week but am concerned by this being un-guaranteed work. Have also thought of doing something else out of teaching but have been teaching for over 20 years and honestly don't know how to even look for something else - I know that sounds silly. I understand self-employment is not part time but it is the only think I feel passionate about. I am so fed up with teaching. Anyone out there who has been where I am?

2. creatgene

creatgene New commenter

Hi Exit,

I am also thinking about part time teaching after my pgce. How come you turn out to work every day while having a 2 days contract? I can imagine it might take 3 days eventually including the time preparing lessons.

Good luck with your future plans. Have you thought about tutoring?

Jenny