1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

no smoking for three months...

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by dominant_tonic, Aug 15, 2010.

1. i want one so badly i could scream.......arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Did you give in chilliexx? It's hard and the statistics just don't help. The fact that the craving lasts less than minutes just doesn't help, because after the craving it's all you can think about! For me at least, the pysical need was much easier to crack than the psychological need.
    We are all doing so well - and thanks Giraffe - you're right.
    Who asked about champix? I have no personal experience, but if you look at quit smoking forums (of which there are many very good ones), chapix is widely used to positive accolade. Google and have a squiz.
    Good louk if you decide to try - for me the thought of no smoking wa worse than the reality.
    Well done everyone. Ooh -did you post those boots link on personal? Good stuff.
    Good luck for the coming week guys - this is turning into a good little quit smoking gang.
    Chilliexx have the cravings passed now? xxx

3. Yes they passed thanks.

For me the physical was easier to overcome. in fact the smell repulses me, it's more of a mentla urge really.

4. I have been six months smoke free as of today!!!! Yay me!

5. You're all fab.
    I'm on Champix, day nine so my stop date is Tuesday.
    I'm half looking forward to it and half dreading/fearing it.
    The Champix is causing really aweful nausea but if it works it's only three months out my life. Yeugh.