1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

no re degree and applying for re jobs

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Durc09, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Im our dept we advertised for a 1yr temp mat cover and we had over 30 applicants so one of the first things we did was sort out which had RS or Theology degrees and all of the shortlisted candidates had. But depends on the job we are a faith school and also the area and how competitive it is.

2. Hi
    I am a head of department, i would consider your application and probably invite you to interview-3 of the 6 i reacently interviewed did not have RS but i would be concerened-do you have RS A level? Once you got to interview , although you may not be top of the list on paper i would very much base my decision on your performance on the ay. Your experience will count for you also. Therefore i would say give the jobs a go-you never know.

3. I dont have RS a level, the most I have is GCSE but I have knowledge from studying other subjects and also from planning key stage 3 work.
    I am looking in the north -anyone know how competitive it is?

4. If I liked your covering letter and if you have produced good results in the past - I would interview you as I would get to see you teach at the interview!

5. wow! thanks for all your responses and advice, think the best thing is to try and see what happens.

6. I don't have a degree in Religion, but recently did my MA in Theology and last year got a job at a school that would never have looked at me otherwise.