1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No QTS Can I get a long term position

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by fahy, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Hello everyone,
    I am an OTT working as a supply teacher. I would really like to get a long term position. Is this possible without QTS? Or is it only possible to do so through an agency? Also how do I go about getting QTS?
    Thanks

2. Hi, you could try this website for information: http://www.overseastrainedteachers.org.uk/

3. You can get long term positions legally, but it will depend on what the school wants to do. With the changes to immigration in terms of visa status that may also impact what the school is willing to take on to hire you in terms of paper work.
    What visa are you currently on? When does it need to be renewed? How long have you been teaching as a supply teacher?

4. Does anyone know if you train in Ireland is it possible to do the NQT year in England? I have registered with an agency but I’m being told so many different things by different people.