1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No person specification

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by modgepodge, Feb 8, 2016.

1. modgepodge

modgepodge Established commenter

I'm really unsure as to how to write an effective application if no person specification is given for a particular job? Do I just imagine what I think they are looking for and show how I meet those criteria?

I would feel confident doing this for a teaching job, as I've had a few of those and I feel I can anticipate what most schools want. However, the position I want to apply for is a step up from what I'm doing at the moment as it's an assistant headship, and becauae it's a new role (to me) I'm not quite sure what's involved. I have a job description but am not finding it that useful. I've looked online for example person specs, but I find the role of assistant head seems to vary so much from school to school it's hard to know exactly what this one will be looking for?

Any advice gratefully received!!

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

What kind of school is it?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter