1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No person specification?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by best75, Mar 5, 2011.

1. I asked for a job application pack and they sent one with a few files included. One document is titled 'Job Description' and at the top it says they're looking to dynamic, passionate teacher etc. It says the post should be suitable for those with experience of teaching KS3-5. And then there's a whole list of points which I'm assuming is the job description? It says things like:

Key focus:
    - To teach classes as timetable in KS3
    - To make a contribution to the post 16 curriculum
    -To use AFL for continous improvement
    -To plan and deliver high quality lessons on a regular basis
    -To ensure the level of challenge set for students is realistic etc.
    + 10 more points

So is this job description and person spec combined? Because at the end of this doc it says to write a supporting letter which covers all the points made in the 'person spec'.

If the key focus part is the person spec, do I have to write a paragraph to talk about each point? Or can I just write it like a letter?
    Please help!

2. I asked for a job application pack and they sent one with a few files included. One document is titled 'Job Description' and at the top it says they're looking to dynamic, passionate teacher etc. It says the post should be suitable for those with experience of teaching KS3-5. And then there's a whole list of points which I'm assuming is the job description? It says things like:

Key focus:
    - To teach classes as timetable in KS3
    - To make a contribution to the post 16 curriculum
    -To use AFL for continous improvement
    -To plan and deliver high quality lessons on a regular basis
    -To ensure the level of challenge set for students is realistic etc.
    + 10 more points

So is this job description and person spec combined? Because at the end of this doc it says to write a supporting letter which covers all the points made in the 'person spec'.

If the key focus part is the person spec, do I have to write a paragraph to talk about each point? Or can I just write it like a letter?
    Please help!