1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No performance management or training

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by AmelieS, Feb 26, 2011.

1. AmelieS

AmelieS New commenter

Hi
    I have been in a middle leadership role for 3 years at my current school. In that time I have had fleeting performance management meetings where I have requested to do my Leading pathways course. This has been promised but never delivered. My targets even included it but this was deleted off unbeknown to me! I have had absolutely no training or development apart from things like child protection updates and Health and Safety training that all staff receive.

I know that I need to leave. However my husband is facing redundancy and we cannot be sure that he won't need to relocate for his next job, so I feel that I need to stick out another year at this school.

How can I get the head to invest in my CPD and pay for either my NPQH or leading pathways?
    Is it a union matter if I have not been given adequate performance management?

Thanks
    Amelie

2. AmelieS

AmelieS New commenter

Hi
    I have been in a middle leadership role for 3 years at my current school. In that time I have had fleeting performance management meetings where I have requested to do my Leading pathways course. This has been promised but never delivered. My targets even included it but this was deleted off unbeknown to me! I have had absolutely no training or development apart from things like child protection updates and Health and Safety training that all staff receive.

I know that I need to leave. However my husband is facing redundancy and we cannot be sure that he won't need to relocate for his next job, so I feel that I need to stick out another year at this school.

How can I get the head to invest in my CPD and pay for either my NPQH or leading pathways?
    Is it a union matter if I have not been given adequate performance management?

Thanks
    Amelie