1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No pay rise

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by birdygirl, Oct 24, 2018.

1. birdygirl

birdygirl New commenter

I’m currently UPS2 and was told I couldn’t progress to UPS3 until I have whole school impact in an area that isn’t one that I lead (still working out how to do that?!)

Anyway, I was expecting a small rise in pay due to the 2% pay rise I’d read about, however, my pay is exactly the same as last year. Does everyone not get the rise?

2. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

I posted this on another thread, but worth copying here:
    STPCD is often wrongly read as having to apply to each point on a pay scale (of which schools are free to label them how they wish). It doesn't.
    It says: (my bold)
    September 2018 pay award
    In response to the recommendations in the STRB’s 28 th Report, from 1 September 2018:
    i. a 3.5% uplift has been applied to the statutory minima and maxima of the main pay range and of the unqualified teachers pay range.
    ii. a 2% uplift to the statutory minima and maxima of the upper pay range, the leading practitioner pay range and all allowances across all pay ranges.
    iii. a 1.5% uplift to the leadership pay ranges (including headteacher groups).
    Except for teachers and leaders on the minima of their respective ranges or group ranges, schools must determine – in accordance with their own pay policy – how to take account of the uplift to the national framework in making individual pay progression decisions.
    All pay uplifts will be back-dated to 1 September 2018.

3. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

So in answer to your question, NO, your school does not have to apply the 2% pay rise to UP2.
    However it may be the case that they just haven't got around to it yet and you will get it in November. Ask in school - either HT, union rep or HR,

4. birdygirl

birdygirl New commenter

Thank you, I’ll speak to the head!