1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No overall English threshold yet! No surprises there then....

Discussion in 'Primary' started by diva2, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Just wondering why there isn't a threshold table for the overall English level yet? Just another ba!!$ up in the series that has been 2012 English SAT!

2. Just wondering why there isn't a threshold table for the overall English level yet? Just another ba!!$ up in the series that has been 2012 English SAT!

3. Anyone know if it is supposed to be online tomorrow?

4. monkeychops

monkeychops New commenter

My headteacher said its not published until September.

5. monkeychops

monkeychops New commenter

My headteacher said it's not published until September.

6. How ridiculous!

7. September I mean - not your headteacher!

8. largelugs

largelugs New commenter

http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/assessment/keystage2/pupil/a00209301/faqs-english-levels

This is meant to clear things up but doesn't.

It says

But then it says

and

9. Does this mean we can't calculate our percentages of L4 E+M combined then until September? For those of us hovering around floor targets that's not very helpful!!

10. seems that way, so annoying!!!!
    i have one child who scored a very high level 5 in reading (42 marks) but level 3 in writing (teacher assessed), hes the only one i can't see clearly. I'm hoping for a 4 but who knows!!!

11. Just found this...
    http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/assessment/keystage2/pupil/b00209308/english-levels/english-formula

Threshold Levels look on the high side...:-(

12. tange

tange New commenter

Thank you lavender-lass! At least I know what is going on when I come on here...
    Thought we wouldn't be getting this info till September... right next job.