1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No newscin Education news?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by emerald52, Oct 1, 2015.

1. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

No posts Monday and a couple a day since. Come on! Think! Are we all wiped out already?

drek likes this.
  2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Your wish is my command, O genie of the Education forum!

3. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

What's your education news? Corbyn promises to bring back LA's? Turning academy does not improve results? Come on genie!

4. Middlemarch

I've posted a new thread!

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Post anything outside the narrow confines and people complain. We must all know our place.

6. Middlemarch

Some do. The irony of some people's arguments is astonishing.

7. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

You would think education news would be a TES strength.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

There is no news in educashun... everything is perfect. Ever since gallant Knight Michael slew the blob dragon has the land of Westeros known only peace and tranqu... hang on! ... oh curses getting reality and fiction muddled.

One is a turgid tome of romanticized tosh, the other... Game of Thrones! ... it's the way I tells em.

9. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

So true! In the topsy turvy land students who make no effort and have few brain cells are targetted high grades. It is the fault of teachers if they do not succeed.

10. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

When I was in teaching before I retired, I had to deliberately avoid listening to education news, particularly in the morning because I used to find it so annoying and distressing. It is quite an indictment on the way that education is used as a political football with politicians claiming problems where their are none in their attempts to climb the pole.