1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No news is good news???

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by kulsumy, Mar 15, 2012.

1. This has probably been asked before here goes... Had an interview on Saturday and it seemed to have gone well. The head said he was going to be back at the school on Monday morning and would know of his decision within 48 hours. So far we haven't heard from him. We also sent his PA an email yesterday which went unanswered.
    Does this mean his still interested or not??

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Kulsum, you have to be patient. Recruiting is a very long process and often the head will be waiting for other people, so maybe he cannot give you an answer straight away. Even if he did say that he would, circumstances may have changed and perhaps he was not able to contact referees etc., etc., so you just have to be patient. In the meantime, have a look around for other jobs, just in case this one does fall through!

3. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

Yep..... waiting is horrid. I am in the same pickle at the moment. Maybe we'll both get good news soon

4. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

What we have sadly learning is that no news is...no news. It could mean anything, good, bad or ugly..er..indifferent. There is simply no way to tell.
    The cynical side of me says that if they really want you, they will snap you up, but I know that reality often drags the process out, even when they are serious about you. Good luck!

5. Well I know referees have definitely been contacted. Waiting around is the hardest part, I sympathise with you TDALEY26! at the moment the email page is constantly up on refresh! I hoe they get back soon as I have a few more interviews lined up but this was my first choice. Thank u ppl, let's hope no news is good news this time!