1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No More Tes Staff in the Author Facebook Group - So a new thread here!

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by EC_Resources, Apr 9, 2019.

1. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

Firstly, this isn't a negative post. Tes have said they want authors to communicate though official channels only from now on and this is why they've been quiet in the Tes Author Facebook group. I can understand that. My only quarm has been with privacy and userbility of the in-house author forum (this I'm posting in now).

Ok then - I'm going into this hopeful and open-minded about the situation. We've been told they're going to look at the privacy of the author thread and see if they can so anything about it - so let's give them the benefit of the doubt and see what happens. Other things we have complained about before have been sorted out when we have grouped together and made the point in numbers. From my point of view - this was the main reason behind the existence of the Facebook group.

So let's do that here instead then.

@tesAuthorTeam - Let's have some regular communication and interaction like we did in the hay days of the Facebook group. Let's see some competitions and fun posts and updates for authors. That would really be great and lift everyone's mood, I'm sure of it.

One of the reasons given for Tes wanting communication to all be in-house was that in the facebook group, our user names can't be seen so problems can't be addressed as quickly. Ok - well then let's report problems that affect all of us as authors (not personal ones) on this thread and see if they are sorted more quickly.

We can't just think, 'oh that will never happen' without giving it a chance.

So Tes over to you! Make these forums a great community (with privacy!) that we all want to check in and chat in every day with our fellow authors. Wishing you guys the best in succeeding with this and I hope it happens :)

mrajlong, nwilkin and asajomard like this.
  2. Lead_Practitioner

Lead_Practitioner New commenter

Would like to know when TES will be running their own promotion again soon as it's been a while since the last one.

A1EnglishResources likes this.
  3. penyrheol1

penyrheol1 New commenter

4. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Thanks to @EC_Resources! All very good points, and it's great to see you enter into the spirit of it.

Yes - our intention is absolutely to be more responsive in here. My colleagues will be checking this regularly and I'll be posting replies myself when they nudge me.

And - yes - the sooner we can switch this to a private author-only space the happier we'll be too. It's part of the reason for shifting the conversation over to Tes (as we can verify usernames and see who really are authors). There's been a lot of development on our "Groups" functionality so we hope to switch to a private one of those in due course. But it was important to move to a space where we could verify users in the meantime.

Good to have you here!

Michael Shaw
    (Director, Tes Resources)

asajomard and EC_Resources like this.
  5. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

Well that's good to hear. Cool - onwards and upwards then :)

asajomard likes this.
  6. 1986SGriggs

1986SGriggs New commenter

Where are these groups I hear about. is this one or is this a forum? or are they the same thing?

7. tesAuthorTeam

@1986SGriggs We are currently on the Tes Community forum. The 'Community Groups' can be found here: https://www.tes.com/social-group/groups

The link to this page can be found on the left hand navigation menu of the Resources, Jobs and News sections of the Tes site as shown below.
    upload_2019-4-9_15-15-55.png

[Richard]

8. nwilkin

nwilkin New commenter

Are you planning on creating more groups? Is there going to be an authors group for example? Are you going to be creating groups for other subjects?

9. tesAuthorTeam

We are indeed creating more groups, I cannot confirm precisely what the groups will be as yet. We are exploring the option of an Author group and will let authors know about it in due course.

[Richard]

nwilkin likes this.
  10. nwilkin

nwilkin New commenter

Thank you, a Computer Science group would be great. :)