1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No more 'No Notice' Inspections!

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by ramaduds, May 5, 2012.

1. ramaduds

ramaduds New commenter

2. A colleague was talking about this today. I don't think Gove really thought it through did he!

3. No, course he didn't. Neither did Willshaw. It was an unmitigated disaster when it was trialled in 2009. Actually, I think Gove caved in when he got the lukest-of-warm receptions at the NAHT conference where he made the 'announcement'. I doubt if he even got time to talk to Willshaw about it. Imagine the phone call that evening.....

4. We were done on no notice inspection yesterday and today as part of the pilot so even though Gove's announced a u turn, Ofsted are still going ahead with the trials. We got the call at 3pm on Wednesday and they were in Thursday by 8am!

5. jonnymarr

jonnymarr New commenter

...which is possibly what they always had in mind in the first place = haggling tactics? Wilshaw used as snarling attack dog - grrrrrrrr let me at 'em, no warnings! & Gove as "reasonable mediator"? - ok, we'll let you know the night before ( so you've got no excuses about key staff being out and not having paperwork to hand )

6. Ah, this isn't the 'no notice' that was proposed originally. This is exactly the same as what happens now in section 8 inspections. Wouldn't surprise me if this is the model that is adopted in January