1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NO more GTC fees for Supply Teachers.

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by pites, Dec 16, 2011.

1. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I couldn't find it on that link.

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Thanks very much for that. It's reminded me to check whether my LA has paid me my £33 GTC contribution. As a supply teacher it doesn't always appear in pay without prompting!
    The link makes an error. It's not just key portfolio supply teachers who can claim tax relief on the GTC fee. All supply teachers and all permanent teachers can too.
    The £33 from an LA employer is taxed and subject to NI. It usually ends up as £24 (less for higher rate taxpayers) or thereabouts in take home pay. The £36 then goes from the teacher to the GTC and is eligible for tax relief ( £7-20 back for 20% taxpayers and £14-40 for 40% ones). That then makes GTC membership almost free.

3. You've got to laugh. It appears that most people haven't made the GTC fee this term and are scraping around the kitchen floor and the bins for food! This is bolting the door after not only the horse has bolted, but the stable block has fallen down in the mists of time!

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

The GTC will not be bale to carry on drawing money on anyone's Direct Debit as the GTC will no longer exist and you won't have agreed to a new Direct Debit with an alternative organisation.

5. The GTC won't be got rid of, it will be quietly rebranded and have a lower profile.

Same people, same pay, same pointlessness, same ****** website, same ******** magazine

Cameron....cuts? Dealing with the defecit? Not on your nelly