1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No maternity allowance or SMP!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by salus123, Apr 8, 2019.

1. salus123

salus123 New commenter

ok I’m very worried right now. I just had the letter saying I’m not entitled to maternity allowance as I haven’t worked 26 weeks in the 66 weeks before due date (1 feb 2019)My recent job I started in sept 2018-18th Jan 2018, before that I was doing supply work from April-May2018and before that I was working April 2017-April 2018. I have worked 26weeks, haven’t I??

2. Piscean1

Piscean1 Occasional commenter

3. frustum

frustum Lead commenter

It looks like you easily worked 26 weeks, even ignoring the supply work.

You did remember to enclose pay slips with the form? Double check your form in case you made a mistake, but it does sound like an error.

There seems to be an appeals procedure:
    https://www.gov.uk/mandatory-reconsideration
    The next page from that link says you should start by giving the relevant benefits office a call - they can tell you the reasons for the decision and answer questions.
    You need to appeal fairly quickly, by the looks of things.

4. skellig1182

skellig1182 Established commenter

It should be 26 weeks with the same employer you want the smp off and not not all agencies pay smp.

Are you talking about maternity allowance? You should be entitled to that.xx

5. skellig1182

skellig1182 Established commenter

I just re read your post. I think it’s if you contributed a certain about of National insurance. It looks like you have.xxx