1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No longer able to search by LEA/County/Region

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by gailrobinson, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Hi Basso_Profundo
    Have you tried typing in the name of your LEA or county into the keyword search box top right? Just make sure you select Jobs from the drop down menu.
    Let me know if that works for you
    All the best
    Gail

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

OK, OK!
    This is Friday afternoon, of course, and Year 9 are not in the mood to learn anything new!
    So you want to see all the jobs in your area?
    Or, to be a bit more specific, all the Maths Secondary jobs in London?
    I've found 2 ways to do it, and I have had nothing whatsoever to do with designing this, so I am coming to it cold, just like you.
    Number 1
    a) I write London in top RH box, making sure I select jobs. Up they all pop (need to scroll down to see them, of course).
    b) Then I choose Teaching and Lecturing on LH menu list (not Non-teaching, Not Leadership)
    c) Then I choose Secondary
    d) Then I choose Subject - Maths
    e) Bingo!
    And I now can, if I want, see all the ads, the new ads, or even the closing ads - for jobs I need to apply for in a hurry. I like that.
    Number 2
    a) Starting afresh from the Jobs frontpage, in the red box I select Secondary
    b) I get a box with subjects, I choose Maths
    c) On LH side I do Location - United Kingdom
    d) Then I choose London.
    e) Bingo!
    Not too hard, and I'm an oldie so I'm supposed to learn more slowly than you. If I can manage to teach myself to use it, then so can you!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

3. Hello
    A number of people have asked why TES Jobs has changed and I'd like to explain the thinking behind the new design.

Over the past six months we've been working with users of TES jobs to understand how we could improve the job search experience. Our analysis showed that some of you were either getting too many or too few search results and we wanted to make it easier and quicker for our customers to find the jobs relevant to them.

Our testing revealed that most users started their job search by pinpointing their role or their phase and that's why we've put these options up top at www.tes.co.uk/jobs.

Once these selections have been made we wanted to make it easier for customers to filter the results to exactly match their needs. So at that point you can now carry out a postcode search to find jobs local to you or you can further drill down by contract term, contract type and grade.

When you've got your list of relevant jobs, it's then easy to save this search so you can go back to it again quickly and easily and to create a job alert so the latest relevant jobs are emailed directly to your inbox. To get to your saved searches again log onto TES, click on your username in the black bar at the top of the page and then select My jobs.

As well as improving the relevance of search results we've also addressed some very specific requests. For example you can now filter the job results to show the newest jobs at the top or to view those positions that are coming up to their closing date. Some of our users also told us they wanted to have a map view with real location information rather than just a general image highlighting a region, so we've also provided that feature.

Having said all of this, we do understand that our updates will take some time to get used to and they may not suit everyone's requirements. Let me reassure you we are collecting and responding to all of your feedback and we will be reading it in detail over the next few days and it will help us make any necessary changes.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, it's much appreciated. You can contact us at any time at help@tes.co.uk

PS you can still do keywords searches for jobs. Here's a link to help Jobs keywords search help

Best wishes
    Gail

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Interesting! I've just tried this and it comes up with 2 results. Whereas if I go to Primary, then put in my Postcode it comes up with No results found!

5. Well, I just liked the map. Please bring it back! You can have the other stuff too, but the map is so useful.

6. ihatemondays

ihatemondays New commenter

I agree with Colander, please bring back the map.

7. I can't stand the new layout. I used to search by subject as I would consider both independent and state schools. However, I am unable to do this anymore. Not user friendly at all!

8. <table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td class="post">Hello,
    As part of series of improvements we've been making to TES Jobs over the past week, today we have added the ability to search by location from www.tes.co.uk/jobs
    For example, if you want to search for all jobs in the UK, click on the UK label on the map at www.tes.co.uk/jobs. From this page you can then narrow down your search by postcode or by choosing a location, position or workplace..
    This will help anyone who wants to search for all jobs in a specific area and those who want to carry out a search across multiple school phases.
    PS - if you're not seeing the map on TES Jobs you may need to clear your cache. To do this hold down the Ctrl key and hit F5.

Best wishes
    Gail
    </td></tr></table>