1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No learning platform but want the children to blog.

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by pmp4, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Hi
    I want my year 5 children to start to blogging but we don't have an iPad. It needs to be something safe for the kids to use too. I have had alook at PrimaryBlogger which seems to based on Word Press but I get the impresion this is designed ofr the teacher to use rather than the individual children. Is there anythign else anyone can recommend?

2. Hi
    I want my year 5 children to start to blogging but we don't have an iPad. It needs to be something safe for the kids to use too. I have had alook at PrimaryBlogger which seems to based on Word Press but I get the impresion this is designed ofr the teacher to use rather than the individual children. Is there anythign else anyone can recommend?

3. Hi - you could try kidblog.org?
    Good luck :)
    MTV

4. Thanks.

It looks perfect. I will give it a go. Have you used it?

5. School Boy Error

School Boy Error Occasional commenter

What's that got to do with starting to blog?

6. Good point. That was meant to say learning platform. I have had so many people asking me about ipads this week i am typing them without knowing. Sorry!

7. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Kidblog is good for Year 5 because there are no age issues to worry about - for so many sites students need to be 13 and over. With Kidblog you can sign them up - no email required - it is designed with younger students in mind.

8. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

9. byjingo

byjingo New commenter

This is a phenomenal site, I have even just watched the training video (saddo that I am) . Thanks for sharing.

10. Hi - sorry for delay in replying - yes, I use it with my tutor group and some classes and it works well. It's not got all the bells and whistles of something like Wordpress but it serves the purpose well enough in the absence of a VLE
    MTV