1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

no interview task?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by mrsNibbles, May 14, 2012.

1. mrsNibbles

mrsNibbles New commenter

Is it usual to have some kind of interview task for a TA position? I've been interviewed for similar and always had to do a task, but just received a letter inviting me to interview but not mentioning any task.

2. mrsNibbles

mrsNibbles New commenter

Is it usual to have some kind of interview task for a TA position? I've been interviewed for similar and always had to do a task, but just received a letter inviting me to interview but not mentioning any task.

3. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Primary or secondary?
    I went for secondary and wasn't asked to do a task but was intereviewed by some of the children who are often educated out of the classroom.
    I think the personality was more important than anything else as we spend a lot of time with these kids and need to be able to communicate with them and understand why they behave in certain ways.

4. tamtams

tamtams New commenter

I also had a interview 4 years ago now with no task to do (primary). The actual interview was a bit full on though very thorough.

5. mrsNibbles

mrsNibbles New commenter

Thanks for the replies.
    It's a primary TA role. At the viewing of the school it was sort of perfunctory compared to other tours I've had (although I liked the school and the HT) so I don't know if they are just looking to recruit less experienced people than the other roles I've gone for.
    I guess I'll find out on Fri!

6. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

when I was looking for my TA role, there were a mixture of some interviews with, and some without a task