1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No information on how to apply for job in Thailand

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by SUgar1, Jan 31, 2011.

1. I am applying for jobs in Thailand at the moment. A new job came out last week but there is no information on the TES online advert, paper or on the school website about how to apply for the job. I have emailed the school but as of yet have received no reply. Do I assume that it is a CV, letter of application and a photo as so many of them are? Is this a very clear sign that the school may not be the best school to work at? As I am new to the overseas teaching posts I am not really sure but form what I have seen this is not the norm and is probably a reflection on the school.

2. I am applying for jobs in Thailand at the moment. A new job came out last week but there is no information on the TES online advert, paper or on the school website about how to apply for the job. I have emailed the school but as of yet have received no reply. Do I assume that it is a CV, letter of application and a photo as so many of them are? Is this a very clear sign that the school may not be the best school to work at? As I am new to the overseas teaching posts I am not really sure but form what I have seen this is not the norm and is probably a reflection on the school.

3. form = from.

4. David Getling

David Getling Senior commenter

Outside the UK, the vast majority of independent schools expect a CV and covering letter, plus contact details of referees (usually 2, but occasionally 3). Assume this is the case. If it isn't then the school will get back to you asking you to fill in their beloved form.

5. Hi, thanks for the response. I figured this was the case. I will do this as soon as I can then and hope for the best.