1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No communication after interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by GLloyd, May 22, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,
    I had an interview last Monday and still have had no communication whether I got the job or not, so I am presuming not! I emailed the Deputy on Thursday to ask politely if I may have missed some communication from them and have heard nothing from this avenue either.
    Is this a now common practice not to let interviewees know if they have not got the post? I must admit I do find this really rude. After all I have spent time and money attending the interview in the first place.

2. It's important to hear back from them, offer or not, so you can get feedback. Were they interviewing over a number of days? If they were interviewing over several days, they might still be making a decision but they should really have let you know if that was the case, and they should certainly have replied to your email!

Maybe on Monday you should call up the office, saying that you're presuming you didn't get the job but you would appreciate some feedback and could someone call/email you.

3. I experienced this a few years ago and it's awful.

I attended an interview a couple of weeks ago and was unsuccessful. Despite emailing them twice for feedback and each time being told they'd send it soon I've heard nothing [​IMG]

At least now you know they're really unprofessional and can cross them off your places I'd like to work list.