1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No choir

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by b00merang, Nov 25, 2011.

1. We currently do not have a choir. I have no experience of teaching music whatsoever, but would love to set up a sch choir...........how do I go about this? Obviously I would have to ask our head first for fear of treading on anyone's toes...!
    Any advice welcomed.[​IMG]

2. Do you work in a primary school? Could you run it as a lunch club? Or after school? I used to run a science club at lunchtimes. Like you say, speak to the HT and also the music co-ordinator at your school. The nearby infant school have a singing club after school all year round and any child in year 1 and year 2 is welcome. At the junior school where I work, we only have a choir for this half-term, in preparation for the carol service. Any child can go along ( lots do because it means they miss a lesson!).

3. Hi, yes primary. Have thought about running it as a lunchtime club. Am unable to stay after school.
    Don't want to look foolish though. x x
    It's a case of being able to speak to the head too.....DND sign on door always...hmmm!