1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No certificate of Criminal Conviction from Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by marriotthk66, Mar 1, 2017.

1. lsac0902

lsac0902 New commenter

Sorry elkeisea, I can't help you. Actually, I need the HK police certificate to immigrate to Canada.

2. terezaleongyntg

terezaleongyntg New commenter

Is it possible to have a letter of your good conducts, rather than a certificate of no criminal conviction from Hong Kong? I live in England, but I’ve lived in HK over fiver years. I am so worried about how I can get that certificate if the school needs.

3. qtylee

qtylee New commenter

I am from Hong Kong and recently seeking early childhood teaching opportunity overseas. I had an interview and the employer wants me to work with them, however I will need the certificate of no criminal conviction. I told the employer that I could not get it as it's for certain purposes only and I can do a "Sexual Conviction Record Check". I thought everything will be okay but then I find that the employer has to call to the telephone checking system with a Hong Kong number (with in Hong Kong) to check my status. No written record/certificate will be given.

It's really a painful and frustrating. It's not that I have committed any crime or not qualified. I really hope these certificates could be obtained easily like other countries. Can we do anything about it?

4. Hi , i we in the same situation now all documents are ready for post but we stuck with a payment , how and where i can get this cheque ? as i went to few banks here in UK and they absolutely have no idea how to do that cheque they keep telling me they need bank account who i sending it to . please help

5. miriamclark2014

miriamclark2014 New commenter

6. miriamclark2014

miriamclark2014 New commenter

Hi, what address did you use for the FCO?