1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No borders?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vladimir, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

2. FluffyKittyKat

FluffyKittyKat Occasional commenter

I'm sure it will have an effect.

Vladimir likes this.
  3. FluffyKittyKat

I forgot to ask if you know there is an organization called No Borders? They appear to be an umbrella group of The Migrant Solidarity Network, a Far Left organization funded by the pro-mass immigration billionaire George Soros.

Soros last year told the Greek government that they should let in limitless numbers of migrants to their islands and he would buy a Greek island and build the infrastructure for them. The Greek government of course refused. He's been saying for a number of years now that borders and nation states are an artificial construct, that all borders should be abolished and people should be allowed to freely move to Europe and be given financial help to set themselves up. You probably know the kind of left wing fantastical twaddle people like him are inflicted with. Anyway. what I find most amazing is that if people like him with all their billions really believe that, why doesn't he buy land in his native Hungary and build a luxurious camp for them instead of asking cash-strapped Europe, particularly Greece, to foot the bill? Noting beats these people's hypocrisy.

Vladimir likes this.
  4. FluffyKittyKat

Oh, and on the migrants found in the lorry in Kent, one of the No Borders activists posted on her Facebook page that the Brussels explosions were a good thing because it would allow the migrants to get to the U.K. She was proved right a few hours later!

This is what she said

"Eurostar to Brussels suspended, Lille airport is taking some of the planes due to land in Brussel airport. It could mean some chaos and good chance some people will go to UK! Sorry there is a good side to everything."

Based and educated in London she describes herself as a "freelance troublemaker" and posted the same message on the Migrant Solidarity Network Facebook page as well. One reader replied with the question, “Sorry a good side to people being killed this morning?” which received the reply by an activists calling himself/herself Rojo Red, “Whether it’s a “good side” to people being killed is really irrelevant to me.” Nice people eh?

She's also posted many pictures of the Calais Jungle camp such as this, taken in the disco they erected there.

[​IMG]

It's called 'The Good Chance Theatre'. Presumably no irony intended since the occupants do have a good chance of making it to the UK with the help of their Soros funded Migrant Solidarity Network friends.

Here's another one she posted of the 'Afghan Restaurant' in the camp. Notice the Union Jack.

[​IMG]

No Borders motto

[​IMG]

Again with the Union Jack, with the commentary

"Autonomous, self-organized demonstrations from he jungle There have been several autonomous, self-organized protests by people in the jungle in recent months. Their main demands: open the border, stop deportations and a safe home for all (safe and humane living conditions). Actions like blocking the motorway: Peaceful marches from the jungle to the centre of town, to put pressure on the French authorities and demand people's rights."

[​IMG]

And No Borders/Migrant Solidarity Network rallies last week in Trafalgar Square

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's hundreds of others.

Vladimir likes this.
  5. Vladimir

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Whilst I agree it does sort of make brexit look a better option I don't beleive Brexit will make any difference to how we control our borders. In fact, if anything I think it will make it harder once the European nations don't need to assist us any more.

Geoff Thomas and JL48 like this.
  7. Vladimir

He's mentally I'll, like Merkel!

8. Vladimir

Rubbish! We can do what we want without Europe's Human Rights (yawn!) laws hobbling us!

9. FluffyKittyKat

Have they been assisting us? That's news to me. They don't appear to be able to assist themselves let alone any other country. All control has been lost.

Vladimir and wanet like this.
  10. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

If we leave the EU, the French will inevitably opt to end the agreement (often referred to as The Treaty of Le Touquet) which allows GB border agency staff to check travellers in Calais, rather than in Dover.

Want to see what that will lead to? There's chaos around Dover today due just to extra security measures.... Currently 9 miles of queues. And we'll have to house all the illegal immigrants here, farther than seeing them in the 'jungle'....

11. FluffyKittyKat

No I seem to remember the French denying such obvious scare stories saying it would be against their own interests to end the agreement. Which of course it would. As well as not making any sense.

12. FrankWolley

Of course the French government won't say this now - it would be politically inept to intervene in the referendum here - but those in the know, such as our most recent ambassador to France say it is inevitable. And so do a number of French politicians not in government.

Maintaining the treaty is economically expensive and politically contentious in France (and does little to enhance France's overseas reputation). They'd love to get shot of it...

13. FluffyKittyKat

No doubt the recent ambassador is pro-EU? In any case, what you say is not what I seem to remember, which is a couple of comments from politicians in the French government who were rebuked by their foreign minister. Not I hasten to add for 'intervening' in the referendum but for making comments which were wholly against the government's policy. I doubt the government would be in the least disturbed by accusations of intervening, rather more by its own politicians not toeing the party line.

So you say. But you overlook the fact that it costs the British taxpayer millions to contribute towards it. It simply makes no economic or political sense for the French government to rescind it. Didn't the French foreign minister talk about the huge security risk to France of getting rid of it and how it would entice even more migrants to France? No. They aren't about to go against their own interests.

14. FrankWolley

As sure as eggs are eggs the French will end the current arrangements if we leave the EU - more illegal immigrants in France? No problem, they'll just wave them 'bye-bye' on ferries to GB. The current system is very much in our interest...

15. FluffyKittyKat

So that's 47 altogether in just one day. And all in Kent. In another report I read it said the lorry with the 26 illegal immigrants was carrying 25,000 worth of produce which had to be destroyed. The haulage firm is a British owned family-run company which was targeted by migrants two previous times and have had to write off 80,000 worth of produce. There would also be the cost of thousands of fines in euros even for being unaware of carrying the migrants. I think it's around 3000 per head so multiplied by 26 it will cost the firm 78,000 on top of the 25,000 of destroyed produce. It's hard to see how a family-run company could survive these huge losses. And that doesn't even count the losses in produce and fines they would have had to pay for the previous two occasions. The director of the firm said, “Our staff heard banging with large metal objects on the doors from inside the truck. Our politicians are telling us things are getting better but they’re not — they’re getting worse."

The Home Office has made assurances that all vehicles are being checked since the Brussels bombings but this contradicts a union official who told the Times that less than half of all vehicles are being checked. She said “We cannot check all freight coming to the UK. There is too much coming through. Less than half of it is checked, adding that only the lorries under suspicion of carrying illegals are checked. It's obvious that many more illegals are getting in the same way.

Labour's Keith Vaz said

“These revelations are astonishing. At a time when we should have heightened border security, to discover so many people coming in illegally is a cause for deep concern. The worry is that those who are not coming to work but are coming to cause security problems for our country may slip in this way.”

16. FluffyKittyKat

I don't believe it is for reasons given and from recent events this week in Brussels. Not to mention the many migrants discovered in Kent.

17. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

Utter hogwash.

Is that why Greece is getting so many immigrants? Because Turkey and North Africa are in the EU?

What do you want? A Donald Trump style wall?

18. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

and yet has absolutely nothing to do with our membership of the EU at all.

19. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

The whole point is not that there are no borders in Europe, but why aren't these migrants/refugees stopped at the place of entry and made to apply for asylum there. That is what should be happening but it's not.

20. FluffyKittyKat

No. A union spokeswoman for the border agency is not talking hogwash when she says less than half the vehicles are checked. Even then only the suspected migrant carrying ones.