1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

No Blazer for interview?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Cosmic_Rainbow, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

For my interview I will be wearing black flats and black trousers along with a smart neck high white top. (not a shirt due to my intense fear of leaning over or button pop!). is it ok to wear this and no blazer? as i am worse than the children and completely hate wearing one. i dont like my forearms covered and so my blazer is short sleeved and cropped. (Also its not black but quite brightly colored!) maybe i can just take it with me and carry it so it at least looks like i have one and just felt a bit warm and took it off?

2. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

For my interview I will be wearing black flats and black trousers along with a smart neck high white top. (not a shirt due to my intense fear of leaning over or button pop!). is it ok to wear this and no blazer? as i am worse than the children and completely hate wearing one. i dont like my forearms covered and so my blazer is short sleeved and cropped. (Also its not black but quite brightly colored!) maybe i can just take it with me and carry it so it at least looks like i have one and just felt a bit warm and took it off?

3. dizzymai

dizzymai New commenter

First of all, I am assuming you are a woman...!?

Of course it's okay. You have to be comfortable. You might want to wear a smart long coat though, especially if it's a cold day. (God, I sound like your (or somebody's) mother, sorry...)
    I've been to interviews where all sorts are worn- one recently where the girl who later got the job was in a VERY high heels and looked like she was going out to a restaurant- skirt, gold flecked something- trendy kind of evening wear I thought. Not a blazer or trouser suit in sight.
    As long as you look smart and professional, go for it. Tidy hair, not too much make up (but some, I feel, looks smart). You have to look like you, but properly brushed up.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

My advice to the ladies is always the following:
    Your main aim should be to look professional, rather than trying to look attractive.
    You are trying to get appointed, not get dated.
    Best wishes