1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

nizelodger's weird new gadget

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nizebaby, Sep 18, 2018.

1. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

He has tucked a thingy under the toilet seat that (when it feels the urge) casts an ever-changing light into the pan.

What I really love is that it's "motion activated"!

colpee and InkyP like this.
  2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Sounds fun! Is that the house with the mice or your other one?

3. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Not London, no. No mice here, thank heavens1

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

:D

Pity, it's London,I could have lend you my cat. He loves catching mice! However,Aberdeen is a bit far to travel in a cat box.

5. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Does anyone have one of these gadgets? If so, why? What's wrong with turning the light on? What happens if there are no motions?

6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

My son in law put a motion sensor light in their downstairs loo so it wouldn't get left on by the children. If you take too long it turns itself off and you have to wave your arms about.

7. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Oh my gawd. Weirder and weirder!

Can't they reach the light switch?

8. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

They forget, it's supposed to save electricity.

9. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Our bathrooms have motion sensors under the hand basins, so that if you need to visit at night, there’s sufficient light to see, but not enough to disturb anyone else by switching a light on and off.

nizebaby likes this.
  10. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

I'm going to cry, because nobody got my joke about motion sensors!

11. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I did and wondered how it worked when you're constipated. Does it flash encouragement?

nizebaby and racroesus like this.
  12. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Surely they'd only be useful in ensuites? My bathroom isn't next to the bathroom, so you might as well turn on the ordinary light.

13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

A soft red or orange glue would be best but blue light might undo your sleepiness.

14. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

By the time I'd got within range of the sensor I'd have stubbed my toe and slipped on the tiles!

InkyP likes this.
  15. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Glue?

catmother likes this.
  16. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I did :D but then I moved on from it. Sorry too late with the emoji. I used the same pun on the MRI thread.

17. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

It must certainly help psychologically, knowing there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

On a different note, why is not more lewd ribaldry being posted at the fact of a light in the actual toilet being called a motion sensor light?

nizebaby likes this.
  18. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Precisely. I don't think yougsters are familiar with the term. Such a pity, when there is so much innocent ribald fun to be had...

Auntie Duntie can surely help out here. I can't just let this drop into the pan of oblivion.

19. RepelloInimicum

RepelloInimicum Lead commenter

What does it do for the 'opposite' bowel situation I wonder....

20. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Rainbow flashes with audio alerts?

RepelloInimicum and InkyP like this.