1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nipples

Discussion in 'Personal' started by princessdiaries, May 29, 2011.

1. Sorry to start a weird thread, it's half term and everything. Anyway, I was looking at some pictures earlier today of mums breastfeeding their babies which were quite cute, but the thing that really struck me (in a totally curious sort of way) was the size of some ladies' nipples, they were at least twice as large as mine and in some cases even bigger than that, I think.
    Is it related to boob size? Or is it just one of those natural variations like nose sizes? I know it's a strange thread, sorry, but I have never really considered this issue before!

2. Sorry to start a weird thread, it's half term and everything. Anyway, I was looking at some pictures earlier today of mums breastfeeding their babies which were quite cute, but the thing that really struck me (in a totally curious sort of way) was the size of some ladies' nipples, they were at least twice as large as mine and in some cases even bigger than that, I think.
    Is it related to boob size? Or is it just one of those natural variations like nose sizes? I know it's a strange thread, sorry, but I have never really considered this issue before!

3. Nipple size - always a cuirous topic isn't it? All I know is that women have mahooosive nipples and I think this is connected to breast feeding and b00bs growing during preganancy. I say this but as I have never had a child of my own it could all be me making it up!
    Oh and why do men have nipples? Is there a biological reason and if not why has evolution not eradicated them for men.
    My ex had a job where he had to scan the breasts of women for the design of a new bra. He told me that the number of women with hairy chests and nipples was huuuge! I've never come across that myself but he said it fair turned his stomach!

4. It's strange, male mammals have teats though don't they?? I wonder why we have nipples at all why not just the teat? And does the nipple itself get larger when breastfeeding or does the breast get larger making the nipple appear larger when actually it's just spreading. Colour variations are interesting too!

5. My nipples were not huge whilst breastfeeding. They were the same size they had ever been. My boobs were bigger, as full of milk, but my nipples didn't start looking like saucers.
    Men have nipples because both bits are there in the embryo before the sex is decided genetically.

6. Er............!

7. Would a man without nipples loo normal though? Hmmmmm

8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

oh im tempted to comment...but im resisting it!...dam!

9. [​IMG]

10. It would be weird to see a nippleless man though. It would just look wrong!

11. ah hemmm I mean Look! [​IMG]
    (one mojito too many I think!)

12. I find some nipples a bit scary! When you see pictures of women whose nipples are about an inch long it's quite... I can't find the words!!! Mine are pretty small, to be honest! I was watching Embarrassing Bodies a few weeks ago and a woman had something done to her nipples. I am not squeamish at all but that fair turned my stomach and made my legs go funny! I couldn't watch!!!!

13. So, nipples must be small, penises must be big?
    What is this madness?

14. Well this is it when you have two enormous nipples they almost seem to look at you like eyes and it's scary!

15. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

didnt i read somewhere that the size of the tissue arrounding the nipple acts like a tasrget ring around the bull on the dart board... to bring the attention of the baby to the feeding point?
    seems to work for older men as well! lo// In my limited experience of course lo

16. No one mentioned penises!

17. How many, other than your own, do you have to look at on a regular basis?

18. Sorry?! What did I say about penises??

19. I want to know if you have your nipples pierced and then you get pregnant what happens when the milk comes?

20. ***.