1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nintendo ds'

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by vicnqt, Jun 24, 2011.

1. vicnqt

vicnqt New commenter

We are looking into buying some of these in our school for use in class specifically in maths. Has anyone used these before and how or if you know which games have worked well or not. Any info would be useful. We are an infant school and would be using them mostly in y1 and 2. Thanks.

2. clickschool

clickschool New commenter

There are stories about the Nintendo DS being used in schools on the BBC news web site - worth taking a look at and asking the schools about the benefits.
    I'd only go for them if I saw a genuine benefit of using them...and the money! I found that discounts were not possible for bulk orders owing to relatively tiny margins made on the consoles. I guess that deals may be possible for older versions or second-hand supplies.

3. colpee

colpee Lead commenter

Sounds very expensive considering the relatively few functions it could possibly have. The DS is strictly a gaming console and although it is understandable that some software manufacturers might try and leverage 'educational' benefits, I fancy that is more marketting puff than reality. I reckon that the Sub £150 netbooks that are are available would offer considerably more curriculum freedom across more subjects.