1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nighttime nappies

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by glitterkid, Jan 20, 2012.

1. This is such a boring topic! I have a 17month boy who keeps waking up soaking in the morning. He sleeps for approximately 11-12 hours. He wears Pampers active fit size 5+ at night. The other morning he greeted me smiling but was soaked down to his ankles. I've not been putting nappies on any differently, he's not really drinking any more, he's not getting the nappy on any early or anything. He is fine through the day, but then is being changed more than once in 12 hours obviously! I tried huggies super dry last night, which were marginally better, but his tummy was still damp. He's allergic to boots nappies.
    He's teething at the minute so he's up through the night so I've checked him then, but there is very little in the nappy when he wakes at 1 ish! where is all this pee coming from? Anyone know of a super duper nighttime nappy?

2. This is such a boring topic! I have a 17month boy who keeps waking up soaking in the morning. He sleeps for approximately 11-12 hours. He wears Pampers active fit size 5+ at night. The other morning he greeted me smiling but was soaked down to his ankles. I've not been putting nappies on any differently, he's not really drinking any more, he's not getting the nappy on any early or anything. He is fine through the day, but then is being changed more than once in 12 hours obviously! I tried huggies super dry last night, which were marginally better, but his tummy was still damp. He's allergic to boots nappies.
    He's teething at the minute so he's up through the night so I've checked him then, but there is very little in the nappy when he wakes at 1 ish! where is all this pee coming from? Anyone know of a super duper nighttime nappy?

3. I like pampers too but have you tried the Baby dry version? I've found them good but our little girl is much younger. What a pain, good luck in your quest!

4. I use pampers baby dry too (size 5) - find they are the most reliable at night. She still wakes occasionally soaking but it's very rare. These episodes also tend to happen in patches - a couple of times in the same week for example. She is nearly 2 and was more likely to wake up wet a couple of months ago than she is now.
    2 things to try - when she is soaking through I tend to check her when I go to bed and often found she'd done at least one wee by then. I change her sleepily and then the nappy goes through till the morning.
    Or (by the way I haven't tried this as I just change her at night in these phases) putting a bamboo booster inside? I've just got some new fabric nappies and think that the slim little lambs bamboo boosters are fab for all manner of situations and not expensive and could just be rinsed and go in normal wash.

5. Thanks for the repsonses! I had been using the activ fit as these were great through the day and then switched to tesco as they were so much cheaper and I'm feeling the pinch! I'll maybe pick up a little pack of the baby dry tonight in the supermarket.

I do think it is some sort of phase as you say, beachut, as he was dry through the night for ages. I like the idea of the bamboo liners too. I shall investigate!

6. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

It's gotta be Pampers Baby Dry!
    There's a reason they're never slashed in price as often as Huggies .... or even other Pampers nappies. More's the pity!
    They are the best. The only brand to contain our little one's leaky poos [​IMG]

7. OOOOO tartetatin. They ARE on special at Asda and online too at the mo- £14 for a box of roughly 110. Know it worked out at approx 14p each! I think this is a good price for them.

8. on offer at tesco too - bought 22 for £3 today (13.6p each).

9. Haven't read other posts so I apologise if I repeat.
    From birth we used baby dry pampers. Tried some cheaper versions and it was a disaster for us. Bought active fit nappies (because they were on offer) last week - leaked like a sieve! I am using them up in the day but having to change him at least every 2/3 hours. Baby dry all the way - and then its fine
    Good luck

10. We also found that Baby Dry worked well for us; I swapped to Active fit when she started crawling (thinking that was what I was supposed to do!!!) and then promptly threw out the packet after about 2 days as they leaked all the time (pooey nappies too - bleurgh!). I felt bad about throwing out new nappies but wasn't prepared to fob them off to someone else either!
    Our LO is 14months and we have always used Pampers Baby Dry(except for the mini trial change!) and love them. I only ever buy them when they're on offer. My friend gets hers by the bulk load from Amazon and I get mine from Boots.com when they're on offer (3for2 or 2 lots of 144 for £30 or something like that!). I either get then delievered to my local store (and then ask them to keep the box packaging!!! [​IMG] or if I spend enough, I get free delivery.
    I know what you mean about the costs though; I refuse to pay full price when someone, somewhere is selling them on offer. As another poster said, ASDA have an offer on at the moment.
    pogo x

11. Thanks for the replies - baby dry seems to winning on the popularioty front! I think the problem is he sleeps on his tummy and leaks out the front.

12. Glitter, have you tried a slightly different angle / balance when putting them on? By this I mean that mine is also a front sleeper so I put them on so that more of the nappy is at the front. Hard to explain but I reckon you'll know what I mean.

13. Of course, all things I'm saying are applying to a girl - I have no tips for boys and they wee just a touch differently ;o) I may learn all about boys when next one comes... or just become an 'expert' on girlie wees [​IMG]

14. Ha ha, beachhut, I know what you mean! I made sure his 'wee man' is pointing down as well. I was thinking just now about the days when you'd take a nappy off and get a little arc of pee. Maybe I'll have to risk this again, or maybe I'll have a girl (if they wee when you take their nappy off i;m assuming it just goes underneath??).

15. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Have you tried Asda Little Angels nappies? My LO's nursery buy them in bulk and she sometimes comes home with a bulging nappy and is still dry. We don't have an Asda near us so I never seem to get round to buying any, but they're £10 for 2 huge packs and are really good. I use Huggies during the day (buy on offer, eg half price at Tesco at the mo) and Pamper Baby Dry at night, no problems, I don;t like the smell of Active Fit nappies!

16. Thanks to all who responded - we've had four nights dry with pampers baby dry! Yay!

17. Whooo! Good old baby dry. I realised in the supermarket this week that I actually use 'simply dry'. What the difference is between pampers baby dry and pampers simply dry I haven't a scooby, but nevermind.
    Girls also wee lots when nappy off and indeed it does go underneath. However it means there is a big puddle - ALWAYS put a muslin / cloth / towel under bum before changing. The HV went to weigh her once when she was a baby and stripped her off on a mat without anything on.... and she weed and it instantly soaked her head to toe so I had to put spare clothes on after her weigh-in!

18. I think simply dry might be their 'better value' version? s also peed when he got weighed - it went all over my living room rug though. In the early days it'd be up the wall! although last night he was in the bathroom about to hop in the bath and piddled on the bathmat. He found this very funny indeed.
    Could be worse, friend told me her little girl pooed on her way down the hall to her bathroom!

19. I also champion the pampers baby dry (the one with the moon on) - just another thought- how about trying the next size up at night - size 6 is not a great deal bigger than 5+ and may just soak a bit more up - you will still use them eventually if they are massive on LO.xx