1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nightmares concerning students

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by teacher_new81, Sep 21, 2015.

1. teacher_new81

teacher_new81 Occasional commenter

hello all. I'm looking for advice or a possible interpretation of recurrent dreams I have of my students. They all have the same theme; I am being murdered and tortured by them. Before I knew the students; now they are faceless dreams but I know it's my students (all 16-18)

for example: last night I dreamt of being tethered to a tree stomp and my faceless students came up to me, one by one, and ripped my hair out so hard it made me bleed from my head. This continued until I nearly died and woke up.

before that it was of one of my students, where I was overlooking the event of this student possibly saving my life from drowning but then I became the person and instead from that vantage point, I was being drowned by this student (who I knew).

another was being in a forest. And I knew all the students and faces. This time i knew I was being hunted. Then I was encircled by these students and they took out their knives in a horizontal fashion. And walked slowly into me. Then they stabbed me once all at the same time. After I fell to the ground their face masks (golden) fell off and then become ghost-like which then floated in the air and then rushed towards me to destroy me. That's when I woke up.

this happens quite often and these are some examples. I love my job. I do get stressed as anybody does.

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I have PM'd you

3. teacher_new81

teacher_new81 Occasional commenter

I have PM'd you - never received anything.

4. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Hover your cursor over th your name at the top right of the page and you will get a drop-down menu. Click on 'conversations'.