1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nightmare flight

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Dec 23, 2018.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

2. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

What a nightmare.:eek:

3. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Any kid who can keep that screaming up for that long is clearly in the grip of a disorder. I'd still make Mom and him get off the plane though.

4. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Ear infection?

5. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I was thinking more behavioural. That's not a cry of pain and he wouldn't be racing up and down and climbing the seats.

monicabilongame and ilovesooty like this.
  6. hhhh

hhhh Star commenter

Some parents have to deal with awful things day in, and day out. Most of us will have had the odd long night with an ill child, but some parents have children who are continually screaming. It's not always the parents' fault. It's easy to say they shouldn't take them on planes, but there might be reasons we don't know about, eg travelling to an ill relative. Some parents are heroes.

And some, of course, just don't bother to parent, but I don't know about this particular case. I'd say I'd be inclined to try to hold/calm my child whatever condition they had, but it's easy to say when I'm not in that situation. I have been glared at when I had an ill child returning from a hospital appointment who was crying on a train. Mum-shaming hadn't been invented then...

install and InkyP like this.
  7. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Reminds me of the film We Need To Talk About Kevin.

8. install

install Star commenter

There is nothing worse than irritated and judgemental people complaining about upset children in my book..:rolleyes:

InkyP likes this.
  9. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

"Please calm down Damien, we're only 33,000 feet closer to Heaven for a few more hours."

10. blazer

blazer Star commenter

If that had been a dog the owners would have sedated it. If that child does have 'issues' then why can't they medicate him for the duration of the flight?

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  11. install

install Star commenter

Gotta say - I find adults worse especially the drunken ones ..:rolleyes:

12. maggie m

maggie m Lead commenter

The cabin crew deserve medals for putting up with passengers like this of any age. If the child does have issues is it fair to put him in such a stressful situation?

les25paul likes this.
  13. install

install Star commenter

The worse people for cabin crew to deal with are most likely adults ....:rolleyes:

14. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I've seen some appalling behaviour on planes - all by adults.

We did a flight from London to KL when my daughter was very small (about 18 months) the airline (I can't remember which one it was - Singapore Airlines I think) gave us a cot thing that attached to the wall. My daughter was never been one to go in things like that and refused to have anything to do with it.

After a nap and some food - she decided that she wanted to explore and I spent most of the next 12 hours wandering up and down the aisle and letting her sit next to the window watching the clouds. I knew she was annoying a few people but I did my best to stop her doing what she most wanted to do (pelt up and down the aisle at high speed).

I was totally shattered when we got to KL though.

Without being in any way judgemental - virtually all the really poor behaviour I've seen on planes has been by British people.

install likes this.
  15. install

install Star commenter

The worst I saw were a drunken couple complaining about a baby crying. Suffice to say the baby eventually fell asleep ...

And so did the loud drunken couple who proceeded to snore loudly. The baby and their parents never complained once..:cool:

16. peakster

peakster Star commenter

An American woman on a transatlantic flight complained about anything and everything for most of the flight - she was also very rude to the cabin crew.

17. blazer

blazer Star commenter

18. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Yep. While still in flight.

19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Young continentals have their moments.