1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Night Time Topic...Year 2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cbdixon, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hi,

I'm preparing for my Year 2 SATs and the topic of Night Time to link with this.

Can anyone think of a good title for this topic and not just 'Night Time'? Also if anyone can reccommend any good cross-curricular ideas for science, art, etc. I would really appreciate it.

Big thanks in advance x

2. Hi,

I'm preparing for my Year 2 SATs and the topic of Night Time to link with this.

Can anyone think of a good title for this topic and not just 'Night Time'? Also if anyone can reccommend any good cross-curricular ideas for science, art, etc. I would really appreciate it.

Big thanks in advance x

3. Fur

Fur New commenter

Light and Dark - You could test the reflectiveness of different materials and make a jacket / hat for a teddy/ child so they could be seen in the dark. Look at how changes in seasons effect the amount of daylight / darkness and why.
    Do some colour mixing / explore how to show light and shade in paintings.
    Read The Owl who was afraid of the dark.

Hope that helps,
    Enjoy, I did this topic last year for sats and loved it, as did the chn, unfortunately we didn't get a decent enough run at it to do half of these ideas.

4. Thanks fur, anyone else?!

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

6. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

My son did this topic this year (he is also year 2) and loved it! They kept the whole year group in school til 6 one night, gave them dinner & then went for a walk around the grounds with their torches out etc...