1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Night Time SATS

Discussion in 'Primary' started by floss434, May 7, 2011.

1. In preperation for the SATS night time paper, I was wondering how much 'prep' teacher are actually giving their children. The children will (hopefully) be writing about nocturnal animals for their non chron report. Their subject knowledge of nocturnal animals is limited and they are struggling with the technical vocabulary. If I teach them all they need to know on the topic would this be considered too much 'prep' before the paper? Any thoughts?!

2. During the KS1 sats children are allowed access to books about animals, night time to find out information so sending a piece of work home for them to research isn't really going to impact on the writing level they achieve.

3. I'm am doing the 2009 papers this year for the first time does any one have any planning I could have a look at?

My email is clairedrabble@hotmail.com

Many thanks