1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Night monkey, day monkey and A squash and a squeeze

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Horsemadlady, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Hi all,
    I work in a special needs school and my class are working from P4 -7 and we are looking at stories by the same authour in Literacy. We have already studied the Gruffalo and the Gruffalo's child. Our MTP say we must spend 2 weeks on each story. Has anyone taught Night Monkey, Day Monkey and/or A squash and a Squeeze before. I would be really grateful of any suggetions of what I can plan or any ideas for general activities. I have a few that will relate to thier IEP objectives but need to some more ideas to bulk it out.
    Many thanks x

2. Hi all,
    I work in a special needs school and my class are working from P4 -7 and we are looking at stories by the same authour in Literacy. We have already studied the Gruffalo and the Gruffalo's child. Our MTP say we must spend 2 weeks on each story. Has anyone taught Night Monkey, Day Monkey and/or A squash and a Squeeze before. I would be really grateful of any suggetions of what I can plan or any ideas for general activities. I have a few that will relate to thier IEP objectives but need to some more ideas to bulk it out.
    Many thanks x

3. trinitori

trinitori New commenter

For Day Monkey check out the planning on Foundation Stage Forum
    http://www.foundation-stage.info/newfsf/articles/TopicIndex.php
    you have to be a member but lots of LEA's have membership
    There are so many great activities if you can't get on the forum post your email and ill send u my planning
    Squash and a squeeze, farm animals sorting, old macdonald had a farm, havent read the book for ages sorry!

4. I used to be able to with my old school but my password won't work now I hae moved. If you don't mind sending me your planning that would be great. Thanks for your reply.