1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nicky Morgan considering standing for Tory leadership when David Cameron quits

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Morninglover, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Wow. Imagine if Ed Balls ousted Jeremy Corbyn - him and Ms Morgan could have a scary staring contest across the floor of the House of Commons. It would be like a scene from an X-Men movie, with other MPs fleeing in panic amid a flurry of abandoned order papers as the radiation levels began to rise and the varnish began to bubble and peel off the woodwork. Bring it on I say.

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    aspensquiver and Scintillant like this.
  4. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Difficult to make a case otherwise...

aspensquiver and Vince_Ulam like this.
  5. Morninglover

if you say so...but it's also about politics in general.

The sort of thing that would go well on a Forum called...I don't know...Maybe 'Opinion'??? Yes, that's probably what we need! ;)

aspensquiver likes this.
  6. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I think our illustrious Chancellor may have other ideas.
    However, I do not really care, the tories will be out next time:p

7. Morninglover

With Corbyn as Lab leader? Doubt it.

My money's on Osborne or May to succeed Cameron.

aspensquiver and CWadd like this.
  8. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Has she run out of ideas already?

Morgan vs Corbyn...be like something out of a surreal sitcom...

aspensquiver and Lascarina like this.
  9. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

People laughed when he entered the leadership contest, many are not laughing now, I suspect that may be the case in 2020. Well, I live in hope!!!

10. maurice-r

maurice-r Established commenter

Corbyn knew he'd win given Miliband's misguided change to Labour's leadership election procedure, which effectively handed over power to the mainly leftist activists who seem to have forgotten three election victories from a Blairite platform, and the sudden advent of the three-quid voters who may have defected from the odious "Respect" . But he won't last till the next election. Labour may well be finished, may split or become a party of permanent opposition . Oh, and, Nicky Morgan isn't sharp enough. Osborne for PM from 2020.

11. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Morgan seems to me to be at least as vacuous and out of her depth as education secretary as Ruth Kelly was.

I'm sure the Tories have better candidates than her (please don't say Osborne - he's dead from the waist up AND down).

lexus300 and Lascarina like this.
  12. BobbyPhilips

BobbyPhilips Established commenter

I think they are. His performance this week did little to cause a change of mind.

13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Jeremy has something of the Lubyanka about him.
    Thanks Ann.

14. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I think the way he performs resonates with ordinary people, it does not resonate with the political establishment and for that he would get my vote.

15. BobbyPhilips

BobbyPhilips Established commenter

Resonates with ordinary labour supporters. He appears way out of depth. He, like most, is a poor public speaker and rambles on in an unstructured way. The autocue helped but still a dull delivery. He is in a difficult position. After a life of complaining and opposition he is lacking in ideas. So many questions result in ,don't know. Probably an ok guy in the pub but no leader. Even the ideas flip flop week to week e.g. academies and utilities. He reckons Ed Sec really important job but gave it to a person he had never met.

Dragonlady30 and lanokia like this.
  16. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I am not saying you are wrong BP, appearances can be deceptive though.
    I would rather have someone leading us with his/her heart even if they make occasional gaffs than the current bunch of mindless robots frequenting Westminster. We have had a succession of similar types of government since maggie, thay have all diligently trotted out the same old diatribe and implemented similar barmy economic policies on the altar of capitalism and where are we after so many years and so many governments? In the dark brown organic as usual.

17. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

They included “shoe shopping with Theresa May”, breakfast and “an early morning 5k run” with the Education Secretary, Nicky Morgan, and an optimistically named “10k Iron Man Endeavour” with Iain Duncan Smith.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-the-partys-fundraiser-and-what-10035522.html

Raffle prizes! Nicky clearly thinks well of herself, doesn't she? Positive self-regard, eh! I wonder how much money she raised for Tory funds. If they'd have asked me I'd possibly have paid NOT to meet her.

lexus300 likes this.
  18. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

[​IMG]

Ahh, shame! A silent auction. Sadly we may never know. Boo hiss.

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  19. Scintillant

Depends what you call a gaffe really. For some people it's not singing the National Anthem. For others it's leading us into catastrophic foreign wars causing the deaths of hundreds of thousands etc.

20. Scintillant

She still has work to do in education

[​IMG]

lexus300, aspensquiver and Vince_Ulam like this.