1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nick...

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Si N. Tiffick, May 9, 2011.

1. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

Oh, how exciting! [​IMG]

2. I think they've got less than a week to go now.....very exciting!

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Have a feeling the baby is on its way or is already here!

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

Still no posts since Sunday!

5. egyptgirl

Are we having the poor man tagged now?! [​IMG]

6. egyptgirl

Congratulations to the 909 family!
    Little Molly must be such a blessing - and I'm sure you're a very proud father Nick. I wish you and your family all the love, light and blessings that I can.

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Wonderful news!
    Well done all 3 of you [​IMG]

8. [​IMG]
    Absolutely delighted to hear about Molly, many congratulations to you both! Looking forward to seeing a photo of your daughter.

9. henriette

henriette New commenter

Brilliant news
    xx

10. Nick,

That's wonderful news. congratulations to you all x

11. I've sent congratulations ont he other thread....but thought I'd add the here too!
    Every blessing to you and the family Nick!

12. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Very many congratulations to you and your wife, Nick - this is indeed wonderful news! [​IMG]
    Welcome to the world, little Molly. What a treat you have in store with such a talented cook for a daddy! [​IMG]

13. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Fab news.
    Congratulations to you and all the family xx

14. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Thanks so much for the messages of congratulations - really touching!
    Baby and mum continuing to do well - moved out of the hospital to a birth centre in the New Forest yesterday, an NHS service where we'd originally intended to have the baby before the complications meant that we had to have a hospital one (there are no doctors at the birth centre; it's staffed solely by midwives).
    The centre is lovely; smack bang in the centre of the New Forest, with views of woodland and wild ponies, as opposed to views of Shirley Warren housing estate, a reference I'm sure Henriette will appreciate!
    Mainly though, it doesn't have a hospital feel, and it's very quiet and relaxed there, so a great place to chill for a few days. The plan is to stay until tomorrow and allow Donna to recover and also for us to get lots of help and support with things like breast feeding and bathing etc., as we're both now keenly aware that these little bundles of joy don't come with a manual, and you can read every book under the sun and still be none the wiser about the basics, until someone shows you how!
    I've been spending days with them and coming home late to sleep, and existing on shop bought sandwiches, fruit, crisps and biscuits - I haven't had a proper meal since Sunday evening so one of my aims is to try to get one today; they've said if it's quiet at the centre they can feed dads for a small charge to cover costs, or if not possible there's a little tea room near the centre - even a bowl of soup will do! Looking forward to bringing mum and baby home tomorrow and getting one of our meals out of the freezer inspired by the freezer thread and eating a meal as a little family (or hopefully, assuming Molly sleeps for long enough for us to eat something!), and then locking ourselves away for the rest of my paternity leave to learn everything we need to learn and enjoying being a brand new little family.
    Thanks again for the messages - I'll pass your wishes onto Donna (obviously explaining that there are a load of lovely people on a very, very tiny part of the TES website to whom I speak almost daily, mainly about a shared love of food, yet have never met, and they've dedicated a whole thread to us, as they're all so lovely!). She will be touched (and yet still further exasperated about my obsession with food [​IMG])
    Right...off for another shop-bought sandwich before driving out there again!
    Thanks,
    Family909
    xxx

15. So glad all is going well and that Donna and Molly will be home very soon. Your lives will never be the same again - hugely enriched though!.
    Never worry about what the manuals say. Your daughter (tee hee) is unique and you are going to have so much fun getting to know her
    I want to be an honorary granny - my grandchildren think I am 'megacool' - mainly because I gave them fart bombs for Christmas. Hmmm - I can see you rushing to take up that offer....
    Love to all
    Cx

16. Congratulations to Family909. Here's to many happy hours with your bundle of you [​IMG]

Steffi

17. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Aw huge congratulations on your new daughter. Lovely name too. I remember bringing my first daughter home and being overwhelmed with panic as there were no nurses to help me bathe her etc. Make the most of all the support while it on offer and fill up the freezer with quick dinners.

18. BelleDuJour

Awwww Nick, your post made me choke up.
    Mine are 21 and almost 20 now, but it only seems like yesterday they were new borns and I had those first few, very precious days with each of them.
    It really is quite overwhelming isn't it?
    So pleased Donna is breatfeeding. Sorry but I'm a bit of a breastfeeding bore and I genuinely believe very....VERY.....few women cannot do it. I loved it, and their father had plenty of other things to do with them, like bathing them at night.
    Enjoy little Molly. Enjoy every minute! [​IMG]

19. egyptgirl

Belle, this made me cry.

20. BelleDuJour

[​IMG]
    Egyptgirl.........thank you, and you will understand even more once your little one arrives. It's so true, they grow up soooooo quickly. I adore mine more and more each day, even though they are now all grown up! I really look forward to seeing them for a big hug!