1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nice little gift for a 2 year old?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Sam_Bow, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Boy or girl?
    My niece is just over 18 months and loves jigsaw type things and Peppa Pig! Supermarkets tend to do fun cheap bits for toddlers :)
    Sam_Bow

2. Crystalsecrets

Crystalsecrets New commenter

what sex? How about a nice book with pop up pictures? or you can get some that come with cuddly versions of the characters.

3. Mega Blocks (giant Lego)

4. Miss out the first word of you post and it becomes something very very different!

5. Crystalsecrets

lol i know, it doesn't help that i don't have paragraphs.

6. Professor Dumbledore

Professor Dumbledore New commenter

Hahaha! Thanks you lot! It's a boy, and he's from a very farming, rural family. Lots of beautiful wooden toys and stuff. I can't afford things like that, but sure I can find something. Pop up book a good idea - thanks!

7. A copy of the hungry Caterpillar. My son loved it even at that age.

8. Crystalsecrets

Prof do you have a 'The Works' store near you? sells books and gift type things. They have been doing Owl Babies and Can't you sleep little bear for £1.99 each, lovely books and they come with a dvd of the story using the original illustrations. Real bargain!

9. Go to the ELC and buy something with a 2 on it

10. Ooh, thanks for that one Crystal, I'm nickin it for y baby boy.

11. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

A great choice and a very popular one at that, but I reckon most 2 year olds already own it. I would go for something less well known, just to be on the safe side.

12. Sainsbury's has great puzzles. Need ones with 2, 3 or 4 pieces for that age child, unless they are well used to puzzles.

13. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I agree! My son (20 months old) has about 3 copies of the Very Hungry Caterpillar. He really loves cars though, so maybe a toy car? Or some Duplo?

14. Professor Dumbledore

Professor Dumbledore New commenter

Thanks for the lovely ideas. I had a wander round town this morning but could not find a copy of the Very Hungry Caterpillar - I loved that book as a child!
    Eventually (after a shock when I checked my account) I settled for some bath crayons, an Easter egg and one of those bubble sets that blows giant bubbles. Not the most thrilling, but better than nothing!

15. Bath crayons were always a big hit with ours [​IMG]

16. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

That sounds ideal, PD. Just the job! My lot would be thrilled with the bath crayons in particular.