1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Next stage car seat

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by sjw2007, Apr 15, 2011.

1. sjw2007

sjw2007 New commenter

I'm thinking about getting the next stage car seat (from 9kg) this weekend... Any recomendations? (I'd probably avoid Britax as we had an awful experience, mainly with their customer service, with our first car seat made by them)

2. sjw2007

sjw2007 New commenter

I'm thinking about getting the next stage car seat (from 9kg) this weekend... Any recomendations? (I'd probably avoid Britax as we had an awful experience, mainly with their customer service, with our first car seat made by them)

3. We went with the maxi cosi axiss and love it. Only useful if you have a five door car though!
    Got it from Amazon for £99 but think it may have been an error as when I told a friend about it a couple of hours later she went to buy one and it was up to £157

4. sjw2007

sjw2007 New commenter

Thanks ladies. Have decided to give her a bit longer in the old one (hopefully until I go back to work!). Went to JL today though and think we are going to go for priorifix.

5. Can honestly say I would second the earlier recommendation

maxi cosi axiss
    http://www.maxi-cosi.com/gb-en/carseats/toddler/axiss

We are on our second one of these following our car being a total write off after an accident and we had to replace the original as you do. The police who came to help commented on how sturdy and what a good job it did. My friends all remark on how great a design it is because you don't hurt your back getting them in and out of the car. Amazing