1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Next move?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by whitenance, May 14, 2011.

1. Looking for some advice really...
    My school has recently been given Notice to Improve, poor SATs results and low progress. During the inspection my obeservations went well, outstanding and good, and data is good on progress within my sets.
    I have been at the school since I qualified 6 years ago and coordinate 2 foundation subjects. At this point in my career with little room for promotion in my school I had been contemplating leaving, especially as my head will not entertain the idea of a TLR despite the fact many members of staff have them for doing less than I do.
    Anyway, after the news my head pulled me to aside and said 'I need you to stay at this school'. As everything was a little raw I didn't say much, but now I'm confused about what to do. I like the school and staff, although I do feel their needs to be major changes to improve our situation.
    I'd be grateful of any thoughts

2. NQT1986

NQT1986 Occasional commenter

If she wants you to stay and you don't really want to; she'll have to offer you some kind of incentive!

3. (there) ooh the shame!
    Yeah I feel like walking in the office and saying 'well make me!'

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

You must do whatever you feel is right for you. The school will continue without you if you choose to leave, so you must not let any feelings of guilt keep you there. Don't burn your bridges though as new posts are not easy to come by! I would have a good look round and see what opportunities there are to move. Until you are offered another job your option to stay is still open and you can make a decision once you have another offer.

5. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Sounds like a lot of hard work in your current school. With no TLR, why would you want to stay? Move on to a bigger school where you can get more experience and encounter new ideas and approaches.