1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

newspaper club

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lilkt, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Thinking of setting up a newspaper club at school. Anyone done/in the process of doing a newspaper club? Any tips or hints?
    Thanks!
    x

2. Hi all,
    Thinking of setting up a newspaper club at school. Anyone done/in the process of doing a newspaper club? Any tips or hints?
    Thanks!
    x

3. Hiya, I've just added a post on an old thread, asking exactly the same thing! Good luck, is all I can add for now! :)

4. you mean producing a school newspaper on publisher?

5. Yer that is what I'm thinking of using.

6. would this be in lesson time or as part of an after school thing?
    i worked in at the newspaper for 2 years and obviously did all the training. i figured i would use publisher for it.
    so the first week we voted roles for each member and appointed someone in charge.
    it worked really well for 3-4 sessions but the group lost interest and it didn't really come off we got to the point before printing before half term and by the time we came back interest had been lost. i think it was a matter of timing.
    also due to school size and it being a paid group i had children from reception who had to be included but couldn't easily be included and because they were doing "easy stuff" older children started to see it as a chore.
    i think it would come off better with upper ks1 and ks2