1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

News Story about the Queen today

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, Mar 24, 2012.

1. http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/24/10843117-queen-elizabeth-makes-surprise-appearance-at-british-couples-wedding

I think this is a great story! Apparently they wrote to the palace and invited her but she politely declined. However, secretly she was planning to suprise them!

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Love that! What an amazing surprise. The picture is great.

3. Imagine telling people years later that the queen popped in to your wedding. They wouldn't believe you!

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

That's a lovely story! [​IMG]

5. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

She's just like us, you know.

6. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

What a wonderful story.
    This shows that the Palace PR department have sorted themselves out. I wonder whether QEII has ever been so popular (well, at any point within the last 20 years).

7. Haha.
    I cringed. The couple were pitifully grateful and were even referring to Prince Philip as <strike>our mate</strike>"Philip".
    The best moment on one of the news items was when something clanged off camera and it was actual metal for a change...

8. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

I expect she even wipes her own bum.

9. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

That's wonderful. Who'd've thought it.