1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Newly single

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Cervinia, May 15, 2011.

1. Victoria Plum

Victoria Plum New commenter

Well... my ex was still at my house the next morning after our first date! *blushes* But I would tend to think just a kiss would be nice! I'd think a fella didn't fancy me if I didn't get a kiss! ;-)

2. I had to read that twice then I thought your ex was still at your house and you took another date back their!! Ha ha!
    Nothing up with a fun one night stand I think!!

3. Victoria Plum

LOL!! Nothing at all wrong with a one-night stand but I think I'm a bit beyond it now! I'm not as reckless as I used to be - I'd be frightened to death they were going to murder me!!!

4. I thought you said you were in your 30's?

5. Victoria Plum

Only 36 dear! But, honestly, the thought of meeting someone and going home with them the same night makes me feel a bit icky! I HAVE done it when I was younger, and don't regret it. Just don't think I could do it now. I'd already known the ex quite a while when we went on our first date so that doesn't quite count...!

6. Oh well!
    Get drunk - Live dangerously!
    [​IMG]

7. Victoria Plum

Crumbs!! I'll try...!

8. Dont get too drunk you want to know if it was good or not!
    Need to know if there will be a second date or not!

9. starbuck

starbuck New commenter

just to clarify; I dont intend to bring anyone home - not to the flat anyway. I do think it is a nice ego boost to go out and flirt a little THATS what I meant by 'on the pull'.
    Don't let the shoes fool you, I'm not that kind of girl
    Vic and Rob hang your heads in shame!!!!!

10. Victoria Plum

Aragh!!!!! Me neither, starbuck!! Don't tar me with the same brush as that "lothario" regencyrob!!! By "going out on the pull" I also meant a little flirting - and then usually running a mile if anything more than that is offered!!! LOL xxx

11. Starbuck is that actually your legs?
    We have not done anything!!
    where then? Intrigued now!

12. Victoria Plum

Is there likely to BE a second date if one sleeps with him on the first date??!! I think not!!!

13. starbuck

starbuck New commenter

Lothario!! Vic that made me laugh out loud!

14. starbuck

starbuck New commenter

Yes those are my legs.

15. It was all a long long time ago BUT ... I only slept with people on a first meeting if I did not intend a second one

If it is just sex, it is just sex ... if there is to be any sort of relationship surely you take it a bit slower

Not that I did the "just sex" thing often

16. I think first date sex can be great and sometimes you need date 2 to see if it was a fluke and then 3 and 4 so you can enjoy it again.
    If it's that good why give up on a good thing!
    yes i know it's not all about the sex but i wouldnt sleep with someone on date 1 unless I thought it was going to lead somewhere.

17. *waves at VP* I'm grand thanks, yourself?
    My ex and I probably had the longest one night stand ever - 3 and a bit years! Took him home with me because he was cute. He asked for my number and it went on from there. But I didn't sleep with him on our first date! It is actually the only evening in our entire relationship that we had to say goodbye at the end of it!
    I'm a long way of even thinking about looking at another man, let alone doing anything else! But a bit of a flirt doesn't hurt anybody.

18. Victoria Plum

I never slept with anyone on a first "date" until the Ex-Mr Plum! I was in the frame of mind that men were to be used and abused when we first went out so although we had a good time it made no odds to me whether or not there was a second date!! IF I had seriously thought we would end up in a relationship I WOULDN'T have slept with him. But he asked me out again and then was a bit full on (in a very annoying way!!) for a couple of weeks until I suddenly realised I had fallen in love with him. Ah! Happy memories!! It was the other five years and fifty weeks that were a disaster!! LOL xxx

19. I have lots of mini relationships - fast intense month long ones - few month long ones. Then I get fed up and I get out!
    Or she does!!

20. Victoria Plum

I'm great thanks! You'll have to get yourself back up to Leeds sometime!! xxx