1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Newham pool

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by life2teach, Jun 12, 2011.

1. life2teach

life2teach New commenter

Ive got onto the Newham pool which I am very happy about as they have a good support and training package for NQTs. [​IMG]
    If you're on the pool can you tell me what is meant to happen now?
    Has anyone found a job through them?
    Many Thanks

2. Hi Steph,
    Congratulations on passing the interview! Do you live in Newham? I applied to it last year and was emailed saying that they will be interviewing candidates shortly but unfortunately they had very high numbers and had to reduce. I live in Newham and yes, their NQT package is good although I've heard that this year they might be moving to another location for NQT trainings as the Credon centre (currently being used for trainings) is being used to extend a school. I'm not sure what will happen with regards to the packge and if it's going to change.
    I hate to say this but it's not guaranteed that one will get a job if successful with the pool so apply elsewhere too. All you can do is wait. A friend of mine got into the pool last year and relied on it that she missed on other vacancies and ended up doing supply.
    x

3. life2teach

life2teach New commenter

Thanks for replying.
    I live in south London but will move to Newham if the travel is too much. I really want to work in Newham and hope I get placed at a school. I will still apply to other jobs also becasue as you say it is not guaranteed.

4. goosey100

goosey100 New commenter

Hi there,

I have just got on to the Newham pool and the e mail I recieved makes it sound as though they find a school for me and the job is mine without having to have a school interview. It states:
    <font size="3">At the present time a school with an appropriate vacancy has not been identified. When you have been successfully placed to a particular school you will receive a formal letter of appointment together with a statement of written particulars of your employment. </font>

5. life2teach

life2teach New commenter

I got the same email.
    Not sure what is meant to happen now.